A member asked:

I have small lump in my vaginal area. it itches, and hurts if i touch it at all. i think it is a cyst, but is there anything else it could be? if so, when will it go away and should i go see a doctor for it?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Jay Park answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

The Bartholin's glands are located on each side of the vaginal opening. When the openings of these glands become obstructed, causing fluid to back up into the gland and form a cyst. The result is relatively painless swelling called a Bartholin's cyst. If the fluid within the cyst becomes infected, you develop a collection of pus. See your primary care provider.

Answered 1/15/2023



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question