U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old female asked:

I'm 30 years old and have had my tubes tied for 9 years... i really want to have a baby... is there anyway at all or any medication i can take to help me conceive without getting the tubal ligation surgery??

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
With the tubes separated your options are limited. A fertility center can stimulate your system to make eggs which are removed surgically, fertilized in the lab with dads sperm and then planted in your uterus. The common label for this process is in vetro fertilization. It is expensive, and not always successful but is an option to consider.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 9, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.