U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Boston, MA
A female asked:

I have tiny bumps on the inside of the inner labia from scrating. how should i get it to go away and stop it. also the rest of my vagina is also itchy?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Audrey Lance
Gynecology 15 years experience
See gynecologist: Hard to say exactly what is going on, so you need to have an exam. You may have a yeast infection, or it could be an STD. I am not sure how old you are, but if you are in your 40s-60s you may also be developing vulvovaginal atrophy or other skin conditions such as lichen sclerosis. The best thing to do while waiting to see a gynecologist is to apply aquaphor ointment and don't scratch!!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 15, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.