U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
New York, NY
A 20-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing irregular menstrual periods, pelvic pain, missed or late menstrual period and pain during sex. the following also describe me: abnormal vaginal discharge and no menstrual periods. what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 55 years experience
Irreg menses/pain: If your periods were never regular ( every 28 to 34 days) , you might consider low dose oral contraceptives to eliminate the irregularity. It also sounds as if you may have a pelvic infection. See your gyn provider, to make certain the discharge and pain are not signs of other problems.
Last updated Nov 27, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.