U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old female asked:

Keep having frequent urination, burning when i pee and creamy discharge. also strong rotten egg smell. would monistat clear this up?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
A Verified Doctoranswered
Endocrinology 52 years experience
Monistat: It might but it would not be wise. Please contact your family doctor and expelling your concerns. If the doctor says Monistat is OK take the advice. If the doctor wants you to see her/him soon please do so.
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Monistat won't help: Any abnormal, new, or unexplained vaginal discharge needs medical attention. These symptoms are not typical for yeast, the only infection that responds to Monistat or similar treatments. Urinary pain, "creamy" discharge & odor are suspicious for an infection, including STDs like trichomonas, chlamydia, or gonorrhea; or bacterial vaginosis (overgrowth of mostly normal bacteria). See a doctor ASAP.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 12, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.