U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

I have red itchy bumps on my pubic area im real worried but they don't seem to be an std they look more like boils and there on my penis i just started using antibiotic cream and they dry out what should i do

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Joy Jackson
Family Medicine 20 years experience
It : It sounds like they are responding to the antibiotic cream, however that may not be enough. You are likely dealing with abscesses or boils. Did you recently shave? This is a common precursor to infection. Please visit your doctor because std'd still need to be ruled out. If it is bacterial your doctor may put you on oral antibiotics. It is always best to have a doctor examine you in these types of instances. Good luck.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 12, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.