U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

Testicular pain? its about a medical issue. my fianc, who is 27 years old, has testicular pain for a month or so. we never got intimate, in fact we cant till we get married & we live far from each other. he is not sexually active but he only masturbate

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bhupendra Tolia
Urology 60 years experience
He : He needs to get ultrasound of testes and see a urologist.
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 31 years experience
From : From your description, it sounds as if there was some blockage that he was getting out via masturbation but i'm not convinced that's possible. In someone who works out, i'd worry about pain associated w/exercise since this might represent a hernia. Testicular torsion is painful but not usually associated w/any specific activity. This represents a urologic emergency as the surgeon must tack down the testis to keep it from twisting on itself & cutting off blood supply. Orchitis is an infection of the testis while epididymitis is an infection of the surrounding structure. Neither infection comes & goes in association w/activity but rather requires antibiotics for treatment. I'd suggest starting with a visit to his family physician and then referral to a urologist if he doesn't improve completely. Good luck! (and congratulations!).

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.