U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old member asked:

Should i be concerned about a rash in my genital and anal area?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Erin Alward
Obstetrics and Gynecology 18 years experience
Yes: There are multiple different types of infections that can cause a genital rash. Some are easily treated and some are more difficult. There can also be some inflammatory conditions that can cause a rash "down there." some precancerous or cancers can cause rash-looking changes. You need to see your doctor to be evaluated.
Dr. Roseller B. Tapangan
34 years experience
Definitely !: Any changes in the perinatal / genital area are of concern! hormonal changes and std are some of the thing to consider ! please vivid with your OB gyn ! regards !
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.