U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old male asked:

I have a 4.4 cm haemorrhagic cyst. doc advised birth control pills for 2 cycles. we are trying to conceive our 2nd child. should we wait or try surger?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Collin Smikle
Obstetrics & Gynecology 37 years experience
Ovarian cyst: A cyst (follicle) ruptures each month as you ovulate. More may develop if you take medications for ovulation induction. The cyst may rupture and cause pain or discomfort. using the birth control pills may cause it to shrink faster but surgery may not be necessary unless there is bleeding or other symptoms.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 28, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.