is it ok to hav 180 mg of vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) in a day?

Dr. Lisa Rankin
ADHD and Autism 25 years experience
NO!: The max dose of vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) is 70 mg a day which is way below 180. A dose that high would not be prescribed and suggests the medication is knowingly being used improperly. Doses that high can have serious cardiac and neurologic effects. If doses of 70 mg do not help with focus and concentration than another med should be tried and another diagnosis considered.
Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
No.: In my practice, I have patients with adhd who require a very wide range of doses. Some respond well to small doses of stimulants like Adderall or vyvanse, (lisdexamfetamine) and some others who need very large doses. Some patients have bowel absorption problems because of obesity surgery, and need larger doses to have an adequate amount in their brain. Talk to your doctor carefully and don't experiment.