A 46-year-old member asked:
Disclaimer

i accidentally ate dish soap is this bad?

1 doctor answer
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
I would try to avoid: but I would think that most dish detergents would not be toxic since small amounts may be left on dishes that aren't thoroughly rinsed.
Answered on Jan 24, 2018

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month

Related questions:

A 20-year-old male asked:
Dr. Harold Fields
60 years experience Family Medicine
Clean stomach !: Soap will cause nothing bad to happen. Good Luck
A 23-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Park answered
49 years experience Pediatrics
No treatment needed: Ingestion of small to modest amount of soap and soap products are usually harmless. The child may experience minor gastrointestinal symptoms, i.e., s ... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Benjamin Dancygier
24 years experience Pediatric Dentistry
Should be ok: If all you swallowed was a small amount of dish soap I believe you should be fine. I wouldn't worry about that.
A 23-year-old male asked:
Dr. Edward Workman
Specializes in Pain Management
Soap and water ok: Soap and water are ok but many prefer a hypercloth available on line in most stores. These pick up oils and do not scratch, and they dry as they clea ... Read More
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month