Blood in vomit, now bile? what can i take?

Dr. David Wishnew
Wound care 42 years experience
Vomit blood/bile: I would take a trip to my doctor. Vomiting red blood indicates that there has been trauma to the stomach or esophagus. The biliary vomit indicates that the stomach is empty and that fluid is being expelled from further down the GI tract. Go see a doctor.
Dr. Richard Dudrak
An ambulance: Blood in the vomit could quickly become life-threatening. Even if it stopped now, it can easily recur. Call 911, or at least have someone take you to er. If it's been several days since it happened, still call your doctor now.

Last updated Apr 12, 2016