Central Falls, RI

on cipro (ciprofloxacin) for 3 days for uti but now i'm having cold and sinusitis symptoms and i just don't feel good. what should i do?

Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 29 years experience
Cold/Sinus: Hello, Ciprofloxacin is an excellent choice for an antibiotic for a uti. I am assuming that the cold/sinus symptoms you are experiencing is due to a virus. The Ciprofloxacin will not help fight a virus. I would suggest you discuss your symptoms with your local pharmacist who will help you choose the right medication for your cold. Rest and fluids should help you recover from both conditions.

Last updated Jun 24, 2014