U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old male asked about a 20-year-old male:

On rubbing against my ears white skin scales come out and the same type of scales are there on my scalp causing hair loss is there a permanent cure?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vicki Levine
Dermatology 42 years experience
No: You should see a dermatologist for treatment but there is probably no cure for what you have. Sometimes they can disappear on their own but it is nothing to do with the treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 14, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.