does strep rash itch?

Dr. Rajendra Tripathi
Orthopedic Surgery 45 years experience
Usually not: Strep rash is generally painpul and itching is not predominant complaint i strep throat lesions.

What could explain a rash of dry patches on the torso, and slowly spreading with very little itch and lasting over a week?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology 46 years experience
Pityriasis rosea: This is one of the possibilities which affects the torso, may not itch. Ot would develop over a few days. It resolves in about 8 weeks and is a reaction to a mild infection which has already resolved. Treat, net can lighten the marks but not speed up the process.If it persists see doctor for confirmation.
PA

Can a strep rash be itchy?

Dr. Christian Dyhianto
Yes: A rash from a strep infection can be itchy, especially when you have dry sensitive skin. You can develop a rash from a strep throat infection (scarlet fever), or from an actual strep infection on the skin (impetigo). The former is treated with oral antibiotics, while the latter is topical antibiotics. Consult with your doctor.

I have a rash from contact with elastic, what can I put on it to make the itch & rash go away?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Hydrocortisone: If it is mild rash, otc Hydrocortisone may help....But you must also avoid contact with the material that you are allergic to... If it is severe/persistent, get it checked out by your doc...

Itchy in bed, have I caught my husband's whatever-it-is rash?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 44 years experience
Maybe.: It depends on whatever is causing your husband's whatever-it-is rash, and then whether it is contagious, and then whether you have caught it. Both of you need to see a dermatologist to sort this out.

What causes small red itchy bump rash?

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 29 years experience
Rash: Several causes can trigger your rash, you need to have examined by a doctor for a proper diagnosis.

Last updated Mar 7, 2020