U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

Cottage cheese food poisoning, do i need to see doctor?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 53 years experience
Unlikely: Mostly cottage cheese problems come from the product being too old and growing a layer of mold or also fermenting. These are untasty and unpleasant, and might give you an upset stomach, but will not poison you. If you are sick longer than 36 hours which gives your intestines time to deal with this, then you should see someone like your family doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 43-year-old member asked:
Can doctors test for food poisoning or do ers do it?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
How do doctors determine if it's the flu or food poisoning?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 19-year-old female asked about a 18-year-old female:
Can drinking a pill for nauses slow down my food poisoning recovery ? I still have a bit if diarreah i went to the doctor already .
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Oct 22, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.