What could these itchy small bumps on my skin be?

Unsure.: There are a # of possible causes. The best way to get an accurate diagnosis would be dermatological evaluation.

There's small bumps and itchy skin, what could it be?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
How long?: If it lasts over 6 weeks, see an allergist. If it is short term, try some otc antihistamine up to 4 x the regular frequency but watch out for drowsiness. If it did not work, see an allergist. There are multiple potential causes for this type of problem.

I have small, itchy bumps on my skin. Could these be allergic?

Dr. Alex Martinez
Specializes in Allergy
Yes: Itchy red skin is classic for allergic rashes, and these can present as small bumps (papules); they can also present as hives (raised lesions), macules (flat patches), and blisters. In some cases, especially when long-standing, skin can be dry & flaky and become thickened. The location of the rash on the body is important and can help make the diagnosis. A skin biopsy is needed in difficult cases.

Small itchy bumps in a row, what could they be?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
Many possibilities: There are many things that could cause itchy bumps. Several types of inflammatory conditions of the skin, allergic reactions, and sometimes bacterial, viral or fungal infections can cause rashes on the skin. Insect bites can also be the cause of a rash on the skin. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.

What should I do if my skin is covered in itchy bumps?

Itchy bumps: You can take oral medications like Benadryl (diphenhydramine) or Chlorpheniramine for itching. Recommend dermatologic eval to determine diagnosis and to formulate treatment plan.

What does it mean if I have a straight line with itchy bumps on my skin?

Dr. Sheila Calderon
Bug bites: If it is not a bug bite and it is a rash, it may be from scratching that it is symetrical and in a line formation. If it is worrisome see your doctor for a diagnosis.

Last updated Aug 10, 2015