neosporin on inside labia, is it safe?

Not recommended.: Using neosporin can set you up to develop sensitivity to one of the antibiotics it contains - especially neomycin.

Can I use neosporin on my vulva?

Dr. Joseph Bark
Dermatology 49 years experience
Neosporin: Not only would i not use neosporin on the volvo are areas but i would not use neosporin. The neomycin in this medicine is potentially sensitizing and can cause an allergic rash.
TX

Can I put neosporin on my labia minora?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Neosporin: Neosporin is not harmful if used on the labia minora but has limited value. This is not a medication that Obgyns would prescribe for labial problems. The most important step is to determine what is wrong that makes you feel that you need Neosporin. If there is a bump or blister on the genitals then this should be evaluated by a doctor to determine the cause and treatment

Last updated Jan 16, 2014