is pomegranate juice good for gout?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Richard Polisner
50 years experience Podiatry
Doesn't hurt: I don't believe there is good scientific evidence that pomegranate juice makes a difference one way or another. For years it has been accepted that cranberry juice is good for kidney related gout issues. Recent studies show that cranberry juice is useless in control or treatment of gout. I've been drinking it for 30 yr for that reason. Fortunately it tastes good but hasn;t helped my gout.
Answered on Dec 3, 2014
3
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
37 years experience Podiatry
Cherry : Cherry juice is better for gout. Get non sweet type.
Answered on Sep 1, 2016
Dr. Wenjay Sung
13 years experience Podiatry
Yes: Yes, it is good for gout. There are other juices that help with kidney function and dilution, but pomegranate juice works. Good luck.
Answered on Sep 28, 2019
2