what are small hard bumps under my scalp?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Rheumatology 52 years experience
Have it evaluated: If that is the case, have the area evaluated to determine the cause.

Is there a type of cream that exists for scalp spots?

Dr. Videh Mahajan
Skin: It should be looked at first.
AL

What causes scabs on the scalp?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Healing: Any injury to the scalp will eventually try to heal. Dried blood, mixed with died cells form a layer on the wound surface known as scab. Beneath it a new skin is formed and the scab will eventually fall off the normal skin. It works as a shied, basically.

Is oil on your scalp useful for anythign?

Dr. Mitchell Bressack
Dermatology 43 years experience
Preventing infection: Ringworm (fungus infection) of the scalp is common up to the age of puberty, at which time it becomes much less common. One theory is that the oil produced after puberty protects the scalp from invasion by fungus.

Tell me what does kerion on the scalp look like?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology 46 years experience
Inflammed,swelling,: Raised tender with pus on top. This is deep infection with bacteria and probable fungus. Requires treatment with combination of oral antibiotics and antifungal drugs.

My scalp smells awful. What could it be?

Please seek: Dermatological evaluation for accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.

Last updated Jul 5, 2015