what is the definition or description of: stomach flu?

Dr. Scott Rudkin
Emergency Medicine 23 years experience
Diarrhea and vomit: Typical symptoms of a "stomach flu" included vomiting and diarrhea. Another name for it is gastroenteritis.

Should I worry if my child rolls onto his belly while sleeping?

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
No: If your child can roll onto her stomach from her back on their own you can leave them alone. This is all part of a natural progression in her motor development. You do not have to flip her over to their back. If she is upset when she gets to her belly you can help her out by getting her onto her back again.

When is it safe for my child to sleep on her belly?

Dr. Gregg Alexander
When they can roll: When babies can roll over, and do it well from front to back, it is safe for them to sleep on their bellies because they can push themselves over if they need. Of course, when they can roll from front to back and they go to their bellies on their own, it is beyond your control!

Is it safe to have or get a belly ring while i'm pregnant?

Dr. Megan Bird
Yes and no: The belly button ring itself is pretty safe. However, as your belly stretches the skin over the ring will get thinner and the ring may pull through. Most women take their ring out before they hit the third trimester.

Is it safe to get or have a belly button ring while pregnant?

Dr. Megan Bird
Yes: I will tell you though the skin over the ring will get very, very thin as your belly stretches. The ring may pull through on its own. Most women take it out as they hit the third trimester for that reason.

What are some stomach cancer support groups?

Dr. Mark Hoepfner
General Surgery 39 years experience
ACS: Please look up or go online and contact your local american cancer society and ask what is available in your area. www.cancer.org.