Bronx, NY

Does drinking water or green tea help me lose weight?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Water and tea: Drinking fluids can give you a full feeling a in a small way can help you lose weight.

Can you tell me how drinking water helps lose weight?

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine 27 years experience
Many reasons: Drinking water helps at many levels. One we are suppose to be mostly water. The more obese one is, the less water they are and the harder their fat is, which makes it harder to lose. Water helps soften the fat and it becomes easier to lose. Water can fill you up so you won't eat as much. Water is a better hydration than most of the sugary drinks people use.

Does drinking water help you lose weight at first?

Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Hunger vs thirst: Drinking more water may help you realize that you are more thirsty than hungry which would cause you to eat less. It may also fill you up so you don't want to eat as much. Just be careful not to overdo it and deplete your electrolytes which would make you feel fatigued and faint.

Can drinking water help you lose weight?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
Yes!: Especially if drunk before and with a meal. It fills you, and you eat less. Also, there may be some truth that your body must boost metabolism, if you drink "cold, " water. This is controversial, but the first statement is not. However, we all should drink two quarts per day! and it will help a diet. This question is the easiest nutritional support advice i can give!

I am wondering about can drinking water help you lose weight?

Dr. Rakesh Gupta
No: If drinking water curb your appetite or caloric intake- then it could.

Can drinking only water with my meals help me lose weight?

Possibly: If compared to diet sodas, regular sodas, alcohol or other beverages that contain calories.

Last updated Sep 9, 2013