U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old member asked:

I have a mole that looks like it is peeling off?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Alexander
Plastic Surgery 28 years experience
Have it examined: If the site is a pigmented mole that is changing, it is strongly recommended that you seek attention from local dermatologist or surgeon. Changes such as this are often signals of activation of moles, and if intercepted early and removed can determine if the site is dangerous to you.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 12, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.