U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old member asked:

Can u use silvadene (silver sulfadiazine) cream on boils?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Olga Nilova
Specializes in Pediatrics
No: Silvadene (silver sulfadiazine) cream will not help on boils.
Dr. Diane Minich
Family Medicine 38 years experience
Silvadene (silver sulfadiazine) will not: Treat a boil. See your doctor as it will need antibiotics and may need to be drained.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 42-year-old member asked:

How effective is silver sulfadiazine cream?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ernest Block
Trauma Surgery 36 years experience
Pretty good: Silver sulfadiazine cream is a cornerstone of burn treatment. It revolutionized burn care. That being said, a good surgical team needs to follow your burns to monitor for complications.
A 40-year-old member asked:

What is silver sulfadiazine cream used for?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Randy Lisch
Podiatry 39 years experience
Burns: This is a wonderful antiburn, antibiotic cream that stimulates granulation tissue to heal over burned areas, diabetic ulcers, common scrapes of the skin...

Related questions

A 42-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 35-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 32-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated May 22, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.