menstrual cycle change after marriage?

Dr. Monique Ruberu
Marraige or age?: Could be due to stress and recent changes, or could be early peri menopausal changes.

Can my menstrual cycle change if I have more than one roomate? I heard our cycles are in sync!?

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine 29 years experience
Could be: Synchronization has definitely been documented in populations of reproductive age women living in groups, such as school roommates. The pattern is very widely variable though, and the science of it is not well established.

Why would my menstrual cycle change so drastically from one month to the next?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Unknown: The normal menstrual cycle does have some variance to it normally. However, see a ob-gyn md to be sure that your cycle fits the definition of "normal".

What can cause?A?Change in menstrual cycle?

Dr. Hector Chapa
Various : Menstrual cycle timing is controlled by a delicate balance of hormones. Stress, changes in weight, certain medications, birth control and of course pregnancy can all affect cycle timing. Always best to keep a menstrual calender to keep track of your cycles.
Bronx, NY

Can I naturally change my menstrual cycle?

Dr. Helen Sandland
No: You may read that you can take black cohosh, but it is not proven effective and imo, any substance that you take to effect a change in your body is a drug. So, that leaves pregnancy, breast feeding as the only natural ways to stop it. Best bet is some form of birth control pill/ring/mirena. If you are due to have a period on your wedding day, your doctor would like at least 2 months heads up!
Downey, CA

Can weather change menstrual cycle?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Women's bodies: Just about anything can play a role in altering the time frame and character of our menses. Most strange ones are rare and unpredictable and weather change would be one of those. But it could happen especially if you have a big emotional thing about the season. It is more likely to be something else, do a test. See a doctor or wait - if it is just a few days. Good luck.

Last updated Aug 14, 2020