10 day prednisone how long until its out of your system?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
1-2 days: The half-life is 2-4 hours so it should clear your system in 1-2 days.

What are long term consequences of using prednisone for10-15 days a year?

Dr. Kevin Considine
Possibly OK: It really depends what you are taking the Prednisone for? If it is for an asthma or COPD flare then that is appropriate. The main thing is avoiding side effects like bone loss or affecting pituitary hormone axis in body etc. Usually short term treatment bursts are not a problem, prolonged usage is more problematic. But check with your doctor.
WI

If 10 mg of prednisone for x amount of days helps me during a debilitating lupus flare, does that mean my case is mild or are some people just really sensitive to prednisone?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
No correlation.: Some people get better systemic responses than others on a relatively low dose of prednisone. I am banking on the likelyhood that your flares have more to do with pain and fatigue: these are very steroid resonsive symptoms. 10mg of prednisione will have a neglible effect on vasculitis associated with sle.
Washington, DC

Can i take 30mg of prednisone for one day only?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
Yes.: For most forms of arthritis, you should get immediate, albeit transient pain relief. Take it only in the morning.

I just got a precripfion for prednisone. I am supposed to take it for 7 days. 60mg, thd 50.Mg, then 40mg, and so on down to 10 i like to have a couple of beers after work. I work 10 to 14 hours a day. I would like to know if this is a problem with pred

Dr. Howard Fox
Podiatry 42 years experience
There : There is no official interaction between Prednisone and alcohol, but alcohol weakens the stomach lining, as does prednisone, so in theory, you're more apt to get a stomach ulcer by mixing the two. The safest thing to do is avoid alcohol while on the prednisone. I've attached a link that discusses this very subject.
Orangeburg, SC

Is tapering "prednisone" required if your on it for 5 days? Day 1 (60mg), day 2 (20mg), day 3-5 (10mg). Is it safe to stop after this?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
No: Tapering of Prednisone is not necessary when it is used for short periods.

Last updated Mar 19, 2018