Canada

I accidentally hit my clot with my tooth brush and a piece came out and bled a litte... now the area is red and sore what do i do?

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
Be gentle. : This kind of thing happens while healing. It sounds like the bleeding has stopped so don't worry. Just be gentle while eating and brushing for the next few days while you are healing.
Dr. Michael Stern
Dentistry 49 years experience
Let it heal: Assuming this is in a surgical site, just leaving it alone will be the best approach. Warm salt water rinses can help as well. Just stay away from the area and let nature do her thing. If there is an increase in pain and swelling occurs, contact your surgical provider for assistance.

Last updated Aug 10, 2018