is anemia curable by taking extra oral vitamins like folate (folic acid)? is b12 available orally or only by shots? already taking iron.

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Hematology and Oncology 23 years experience
Depends on the cause: Treatment of anemia has to be directed to the cause of anemia. Iron replacement for iron deficiency, folate for folate deficiency, vit B12 replacement for vit B12 deficiency etc. Vit B12 can come as oral trablet, intramuscular injection, nasal spray. I suggest you to see your doctor to find out the cause of the anemia. You need to see hematologist for more complex case.