How can an alcohol test be performed?

Dr. Evan Altman
BAL or EtG: Alcohol is usually tested by a blood alcohol level (bal) via blood draw. However, there is a test for urine that looks for ethyl glucuronide (etg), which is a breakdown product of ethanol, and is specifically designed to determine if you've had alcohol in the last 80 hours.
Dr. Rodney Del Valle
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Also by breath alcohol test that measure the amount you exhale. Higher % higher intoxication.
Sep 3, 2013
Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Buy an in-store breathalzyer for 35-50 dollars. it will tell you approximately what you will test if given s test by the police.It will also tell you if you're over the liit and need a ride home. Play it safe and keep the rest of us safe. I've been hit by a drunk driver before. I have had patients who blacked out behind the wheel and did varying amounts of time. just DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE or face the consequences, if you live to do so!!!!!!!
Sep 3, 2013