My 4 wk old wont stop crying unless ii let her fall asleep in my arms. is it bad to leave her be and let her cry, or should i just carry her?

12 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. David Miller answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Love her lots: So long as she is well fed and has a clean diaper, when it's time for her to sleep it's fine to lay her down and walk away and let her cry. However, it's also fine to walk with her a bit. Just keep in mind that either she will train you or you will train her. :-).

Answered 10/24/2017

6k views

Dr. Cristina Carballo answered

Specializes in Neonatology

Not bad: At this age you can't spoil babies. They need the warmth and reassurance of a loving being to be with them. Enjoy the cuddle time, they grow up way to fast!

Answered 3/26/2013

6k views

Dr. James Ferguson answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

If U plan to forever: A 4wk old does not know when she's sleeping or that sleep would help her fatigue.Parents who rock/cary infants have 3-4x sleep disturbances in kids the first 3 yrs of life. Your goal is to create a comfortable sleep zone/crib where baby feels safe. It should have light so baby can always recognize the place & some comforting sound. Bathe her to relax, place in crib & read to her from a distance.

Answered 12/20/2012

6k views