Canada

I get really hot and sweat drips off my face , my arms and face turn red can this be caused by my blood pressure of medication i take ?

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Sweat: Could be that or your thyroid. Review with your doctor.
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
No: The only med you list for BP is Aldactone and that wouldn't cause it. An overdose of synthroid (thyroxine) could - has your TSH been checked (blood sample). Most likely, it's physiologic (normal response to overheating). Production of perspiration and dilation of blood vessels (red face) is our body's way to dissipate heat and regulate temperature.

Last updated Jun 24, 2014