AL
A 17-year-old female asked about a 16-year-old female:

What are the chances i would get pregnant a few days before i am expected to start my period? my cycle is longer than normal; 32-36 days.

Dr. Jane Van Dis
Difficult to calc: This question.... A % of risk that you're asking. It's impossible to give you a specific number. It is low right before you're period, but it isn't zero. And fact that your periods are longer makes risk a bit higher. How about if don't want to be pregnant that you see a health care provider for birth control given that you're 16. Protection against stds in addition to pregnancy! good luck.