U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old member asked:

I've just been told i have intermittent claudication, should i be concerned?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional 34 years experience
Yes: Time to change. Need to exercise, eat right, quit smoking. Control hypertension and cholesterol. Develope treatment plan with your doctor.
Dr. Linda Harris
Vascular Surgery 35 years experience
Yes and no: This means that you have blockage in your arteries, which is not necessarily severe enough to require surgery. It is also a marker of hardening of the arteries throughout your body. You should quit smoking, control your cholesterol and blood pressure, and sugar (if you are diabetic). You should be evaluated by a vascular surgeon to see whether anything else needs to be done.

Related questions

A 46-year-old member asked:
What are the symptoms of intermittent claudication?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 46-year-old member asked:
Could you explain what is an intermittent claudication?
2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
What is intermittent claudication, and what can reverse it?
3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
How to cure intermittent claudication and get active again?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
Please tell me if it is possible to have intermittent claudication?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jul 13, 2013

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.