A 27-year-old female asked about a male:

My 3 year old son has impetigo, what should i do? can he enter the sea?

Dr. Antoanella Calame
Pathology 20 years experience
It is best: To keep your son away from others since it can be highly contagious, during outbreaks it is even more likely to be passed on so i would say until the outbreak is gone i would keep away from public areas.
Depends on variables: Confirmation and treatment with medication is the first step. After a day or two on medications the kid will be lesss likely to spread the germ and outings are fine.Sea water has a therapuetic effect on most impetigo, but some kids find it irritating if the rash is extensive.