Ghana

my menses is not flowing normal?

Dr. Paul Neumann
Gynecology 37 years experience
Need more info: Please give us more detailed information about what you are experiencing so we are better able to help you.

When will I start getting my period again after delivery?

Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Menses: It may depend f you are breast feeding or not but it may take a few months.

Is there any evidence that viable cells are in the menstrual flow?

Dr. Denise Elser
Specializes in Gynecology
Yes: Endometriosis is a condition in which endometrial cells (cells from uterine lining) grow in locations other than inside the uterus. We know that women experience "retrograde flow", or flow of menses back thru the fallopian tubes and into the pelvis. Usually, the body resorbs the material, but sometimes these "viable" cells take hold and live in the abdominal cavity.

Does menstruation affect seizures?

Dr. Edward Neilsen
Sometimes: Many things can affect seizures, even those that are well-controlled. Even "little" things like sleep deprivation or a urinary tract infection can set off seizures that were controlled. Hormonal fluctuations with menstruation is another.

I eat really late at night. Will my cycle cause my body to create acid at ridiculous times?

Dr. Howard Hack
Yes: Eating late can be problematic if you are going to sleep after your meals. Eating triggers our stomachs to make acid and this then can lead to acid reflux. Ideally it's better to eat early, especially for the larger meal of the day.

Can it be normal to have some lumps of blood in your period?

Dr. Prerana Sangani
Yes: The clumps are normal. Each period is the lining your endometrium that is shedding so sometimes it can be in the form of larger clots or lumps.