Shelby charter Township, MI

I am nervous as a trace of blood, microscopic, showed up in my urine. i was scoped @ no tumor in my bladder. does this mean their is cancer elsewhere?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Hematuria: Blood in the urine can signify a variety of potential problems, cancer being one of the possibilities. Without seeing you and having access to all information concerning you it is impossible to say whether there is cancer elsewhere or another issue is present. Your urologist or primary care physician assessing this is in a much better position to diagnose you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. James Krick
Urology 37 years experience
Possible: Well, it is possible that cancer can be present elsewhere in your upper urinary system such as your ureters or kidney, but upper tract imaging such as an ultrasound or ct scan can rule that out in many cases. Remember that benign microscopic hematuria is actually is fairly common. Work-up to rule out malignancy includes some form of imaging of the kidneys as well. Discuss this with your urologis.
Last updated Dec 16, 2020