What's best way to clean out my belly button it had liquid my abdominal is numb dr said i will be ok it's not red been applying antibiotic ointment?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 32 years experience
Clean Belly Button: 1 cleanse the area around your navel with a gentle, antibacterial soap. "innie" belly buttons may require the use of a cotton swab to thoroughly remove built-up dirt, dead skin cells and oil. 2 towel-dry your belly button. Be sure not to leave it damp since candida (yeast) thrives in moist conditions. 3 dip a cotton swab into astringent. Sweep it softly around the outside of your navel.
Dr. David Hardin
Wound care 36 years experience
Please clarify: Under normal conditions your belly button/naval can be cleaned just fine with soap and water. Is your naval numb or part of your abdomen. You indicate liquid in your naval was this liquid coming out of it, what did it look like. I doubt antibiotic ointment is helping you any. I'll be happy to answer in more detail.

Last updated Oct 3, 2013