Can a school nurse help treat clotting disorders?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 45 years experience
No: If you mean one of the disorders that keeps blood from clotting, that's serious stuff. See your doctor, who may send you to a hematologist.
Dr. David Masiello
Hematology and Oncology 19 years experience
No: Clotting disorders are complex problems with many potential traps, see a hematologist.
Pathology 45 years experience
Yes: I'll bet you are talking about a child of yours who has a known bleeding / clotting disorder, is being treated successfully at home, and who is ready to start school. Generally, the parents know plenty about what to look for, how to treat, and when to get physician assistance. The physician, parents, and nurse can work together to prepare for what junior may need at school.
Pathology 50 years experience
Depend on defect: Is the clotting disorder, excessive clot formation or bleeding due to clotting deficiency. In either case, a disorder of the clotting system in a child is a serious matter that should be evaluated and treated by a specialist. School nurse may assist in ensuring proper and timely administration of the treatment.