United Kingdom

I got abg's done and they said my oxygen levels were fine but i had high carbon dioxide due too hyperventilation could you explain further please ?

Dr. Gebrehana Zebro (formerly Woldegiorgis)
The reverse.: I believe you got the information the wrong way . It is possible you can have near normal oxygen and high carbon dioxide . This happen due to hypoventilation not due to hyperventilation. If you are hyperventilating , the opposite is bound to happen. If you are hyperventilating , you are getting rid of carbon dioxide and the level of carbon dioxide will drop.
Last updated Apr 16, 2015