U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Owensville, IN
A 62-year-old female asked:

I have trilrgrial neugria i'm on trilepal it's depleting my sodium. what is a good med to stop the shocks?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
Other choices: Neurontin, lyrica, (pregabalin) cymbalta, gralise, baclofen, perhaps topamax or lamotrigine. Consider a relatively non-invasive needle directed balloon foramenal decompression by a neurosurgeon.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management 28 years experience
Treat the cause: If you are not tolerating the medication and have ongoing pain you need to have the nerve decompressed by a neurosurgeon.
Last updated Jul 26, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.