U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Bloomington, IN
A 19-year-old female asked:

A yeast infection left me with several small cuts on my vagina. how do i treat these?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Darrin Cunningham
Obstetrics and Gynecology 31 years experience
Irritation: Severe skin infections can leave excoriations. Using a paste like boudreauxs butt paste which will be in the diaper rash area can be used to coat the skin and give some relief. The boric acid in the paste can help with yeast as well. Use a panty liner tho as it can be messy.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

Bloomington, IN
A 19-year-old female asked:

Is it normal to get small cuts during a yeast infection?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 25 years experience
Skin breakdown: Not exactly 'normal, ' but not uncommon--need to be careful as can get second, bacterial infection to skin from these new entry points. If no allergies, can use topical triple antibiotic ointment once/twice daily as a 'moisturizer' to those areas until improving, or contact your dr. For further advice.
Last updated Oct 23, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.