I am 18 years old and i haven't gone to the doctors office for years, is there many things i should have tests done for this age?

Dr. Mark Diamond
Prevention: A routine physical from time to time is an excellent way to prevent potential health problems.I once examined a patient for the 1st time in 3 years.He was there for me to fill out a form.I found what turned out to be a large kidney tumor which eventually caused his death.Earlier diagnosis would have probably saved him.You never know!
Depends on situation: The primary value of your visit is a review of your history and a thorough physical exam.Adolescent females need a periodic check if their blood for iron deficiency, and exam findings may suggest other tests.If you are not sexually active, those issue seldom require tests or special exams.If you are, it's time for additional studies.

Last updated Jul 22, 2013