i've been getting a black period for 10 days now and i'm not on my pill free week and haven't missed a pill. going on holiday in 2 days. help!

Dr. Raja Abusharr
Dark menses: As menstrual blood is retained in the uterus, it darkens even appearing black. You might be having breakthrough bleeding because either (1) your estrogen dose is too high or too low (2) the Progesterone in the ocp is not adequate. If the dark blood is already in the uterus there is nothing you can do but allow it to "drain" but f you are actively bleeding, Progesterone for 10 days is standard.
Answered on Jun 30, 2014