what is the symptoms of a broken ankle!?

Dr. Rudolf Zak
Podiatry 19 years experience
Broken ankle : With any ankle injury you will develop swelling an pain. With a fracture you could see a black and blue around your heel. Severe pain. And in a severe case of a fracture ankle, it can be deformed i recommended you see your doctor and get the ankle evaluated and xrayed to see the extent of your injury.
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Podiatry 38 years experience
Severe: Pain and swelling at first. You may feel a clicking or motion sensation if severe. Use rice method rest, ice, compression and elevation until you can be seen.
Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 36 years experience
Hard to miss....: If you break your ankle there will be significant pain, swelling, redness, etc. If you even think that this is the case, see a doctor for an x-ray and evaluation.
Dr. G Jason Hunt
Orthopedic Surgery 16 years experience
Pain: Pain with weight bearing, swelling, bruising.
Dr. David Bloome
Orthopedic Surgery 25 years experience
Pain: Pain, swelling, bruising and (sometimes) deformity can be present with an ankle fracture.