I have started a new office role where my hours are 4pm-midnight. what can i do to stay healthy and adjust my body clock accordingly?

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. David Chrisman answered

Specializes in Dentistry - Cosmetic

Sleep hygiene : Don't eat anything after 9:00 including drinks with sugar or caffeine . Try to get to bed asap. Make sure your bedroom is dark ie no led lights shining on you, curtains which black out light . Try to get at least 7 hrs of sleep weekdays and 9 on weekends. No computors or tv which stimulate wakefulness when you get home. Make sure the temperature of your room is comfortable for sleep.

Answered 1/27/2015

5k views

Work Schedule: Eat at the same time every day, go to bed at the same time every day. Establish a healthy routine with consistency which will help you adapt to your new schedule. Regular aerobic exercise, proper nutrition and managing stress adequately will all help. Keep the same routine on weekends and when your not working. My best.

Answered 11/28/2017

5k views