my dentist filed down the central incisors and polished twobottom front teeth. the weight of my mouth feels off and the front and bottom teeth don't touch. why is my jaw and facesore?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Marc Newman
9 years experience Dentistry
Wait: It may take some time for your joints to accommodate the minor changes made (assuming they were minor adjustments to your teeth). If you're still noticing this difference to be way too much in 3 weeks i'd make an appointment to see your dentist.
Answered on Jun 14, 2018
1
Dr. Robert Baysa
34 years experience Dentistry
Why was it filed?: Was the tooth rough on the edge? Are you a grinder? For 25, you may have been developing a debilitating habit affecting your bite. This will go on as the years progress and the preventive option is to wear a hard orthotic splint and/or have you muscles relaxed with tensing. See occlusionconnections.Com ... The slight adjustment was in excess of what your habit already chipped and ground off.
Answered on Jun 14, 2018
1
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Discuss with dentist: I would suggest that you call you dentist, explain what you are feeling and suggest that your dentist either explain what you are feeling, why, and when things should resolve on their own, or see you to re-evaluate your bite.
Answered on Jun 14, 2018
1