U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old member asked:

What is this red lump of cheek skin inside my mouth called? i've heard that they are called oral skin tags but i want to make sure?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Behram Dalal
32 years experience
Sadly impossible : To diagnose without examining you clinically. Would recommend a consult with your dentist to evaluate lesion recommend appropriate treatment if any. Hope this helps.
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dentistry - Cosmetic 37 years experience
See dentist: Call your dentist to have an evaluation and he/she can explain what it is.
Last updated Apr 12, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.