Could you tell me if there is dried blood on my desk at school could i catch the hiv virus or aids virus?

Pathology 49 years experience
Low risk: If the blood is from an infected person and it gains entry into a sore on your skin or mucus membrane you could acquire the infection, but the risk is low. Please inform the authorities so that the spot may be neutralized.
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 36 years experience
Wimpy Virus: It is important to remember that viruses like hepc, HIV and others are strings of proteins that are connected by very weak bonds. They require many things to stay active and need living cells to reproduce and survive. Unless that gross blood, mucous or some other organic substance got into your mouth, anus, vagina or open wound, the odds are very unlikely.