Could you tell me what are signs of depression?

12 doctors weighed in across 6 answers

Here are some : Some symptoms of depression include loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities, weight loss or weight gain, sleep disturbance, fatigue, very sad mood, feelings of hopelessness, thoughts about death and even suicidal thoughts. If you are experiencing any of these, please meet with a psychologist or psychiatrist right away. Be well, .

Answered 12/26/2013

5k views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Depressive sx's may: Include low mood, irritability, anger, ^ or v sleep, change in appetite, feelings of helplessness or hopelessness, v energy, v self-esteem, feelings of guilt. V motivation, absence of joy, v concentration, v memory ; suicidal thoughts.

Answered 12/29/2013

4.6k views

Dr. Alfredo Nieves answered

Specializes in Gynecology

Sad: Sadness for more than 3 consecutive weeks, with lack of desireto do the things that you usally like to do. Not sleeping well or sleeping to much. Change in eating patterns. Anxiety, worrying about everything, lack of energy and suicidal thoughts, which will constitutote a medical emergency.

Answered 10/3/2016

6.3k views

Dr. Richard Levenson answered

Specializes in Anxiety Disorders

Depression: Depressed mood for a consistent period of time, low energy, lack of motivation, difficulties with appetite, under or over sleeping, fatigue, as well as other symptoms can occur. In some people, suicidal ideation is present.

Answered 10/29/2012

5.5k views

Dr. Bernard Seif answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

Feeling Good: There are several types of depression. Reactive depression occurs as a result of loss and eventually we adjust. If one does not adjust or if the cause is not clear certainly seek professional help. "feeling good" by david burns is an excellent self-help book based on science. Don't let the thickness of it intimidate you. Take it bit by bit. The very best to you.

Answered 5/3/2014

4.1k views

Dr. Lakeasha Sullivan answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

Many Signs: Depression can manifest in many ways. Here are the main symptoms: feeling bad about yourself, losing interest in things that used to bring you joy, fatigue, poor concentration, poor self-esteem, guilt, pessimism about the future, wanting to die or hurt oneself in some way, sleep problems, eating problems. A person doesn't need all of the symptoms to be depressed. Consult your doctor to confirm.

Answered 4/12/2017

733 views