Australia

My ex bf constantly harasses me wanting me back. he follows me or i'm just paranoid. i wish i wasn't here. how can i deal with this?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Harasses?: When harassment reaches a certain point, you may need help from legal authorities in the form of restraining orders. If you question whether you are "paranoid" i suggest talking it over with a psychologist or psychiatrist to see. If wishing you weren't here means you wish you were dead, see someone asap, even in an er. If your bf has beaten you, see er and police immediately. Help is available.
Not certain.: I don't know if he is following you or if you are feeling "paranoid". Have you repeatedly seen him near your home? Does he follow you to places that you frequent? Have you told him firmly & clearly to leave you alone? Do you give him mixed messages? Are you frightened of him? Has he ever harmed you? If he is engaging in stalking behaviors or your safety is at risk - consult with local police.
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Get support, be safe: Once you have the support or protection from possible assault, you might want to find a psychotherapist to help you trust your feelings and feel more confident. But 1st be safe! if you two had common friends, you might meet with one together to request that he stop contacting you for now. Maybe it was a typo, but i'd rather you'd said "i wish he wasn't here". If you feel suicidal, get help now!

Last updated May 12, 2016